Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The King Street Grille Mount Pleasant SC



My friend Kathy and I went to King Street Grille for lunch on Monday. The last time Kathy and I had lunch together was at Piccolo Spoleto where Kathy was helping me with my booth at a craft show. They had a tea room delivery and when the volunteer was done with all our questions/requests we apologized for being so much trouble. She said, "That's okay, you're my first difficult customers." (Kathy has to eat soft foods for a while due to recent jaw surgery). So now we refer to ourselves as "the difficult ones." So the difficult pair goes to King Street Grille. We have both checked the menu ahead of time on line to be sure we each felt we could be accommodated by the choices that they have. Well, they have an extensive menu which is a great indication for both of us. http://www.thekingstreetgrille.com/ Our server was pleasant and prompt and she was amicable with our food questions. Ironically, even with all the choices on the menu, we had both honed in on the crab cake sandwich. It is served on a warm pretzel roll with waffle fries. Kathy requested to leave the pretzel roll off and was able to substitute the waffle fries with steamed broccoli with no problem. I inquired about the crab cake containing or being cooked in any milk product and she thought that it was not. Since I have had crab cakes here before I felt safe ordering these. But she did come back fter she placed the order to let me know that she had asked in the kitchen. Our food arrived and the crab cakes were delicious! We were both quite pleased with all of our food. The manager even stopped by a couple of times to check on us. Another pleasant dining episode for the "difficult ones"!

No comments:

Post a Comment