Sunday, September 25, 2011

Long Point Grill Mount Pleasant SC

On Friday I met my friend Julissa for lunch at Long Point Grill right off of I-526 on Long Point Road. (Hence the name!) I have not been here in quite sometime but the gentleman, Sal, who owns this one has many restaurants in the area. All of his restaurants are quite different from each other and are local favorite spots. For a listing of each location and menus visit www.dinewithsal.com.
Julissa and I ordered our drinks from our server and eventually read over the menu. This is a restaurant I recalled having no trouble requesting food with no milk products as they cook all their food to order and use fresh ingredients. The menu also mentions to ask about non-gluten foods.

Normally I select 2-3 items on a menu for the server to inquire about so that I am not running them back and forth. So I asked about the seafood po boys (knowing that was a long shot) and the
Tangerine Stir-Fried Pork. She returned quickly and informed me that the po boys were out as the breading is buttermilk based. So I ordered the pork stir-fry. Julissa ordered a Grilled Chicken Club. It wasn't long before our food arrived....I think! Julissa and I had not seen each other in quite a while so we were "overloaded" with conversation so time was irrelevant. My food presentation was beautiful.
Our server even reassured me without my asking that the shrimp that topped my dish were done differently than the other seafood so they would be fine. I appreciated that she told me that. And the shrimp were delicious. Very light, sweet and crispy! As I continued to eat Julissa noticed that I seemed to be searching around my bowl. She asked me if something was wrong and I said that I could not seem to find any pork! She called our server over and I asked should I be able to SEE the pork in my dish. She said, "Oh, yes you should. Do you want me to get them to heat up some pork to put in there?" Well, not to sound particular, but I do not think think that was a valid question! Of course I would like some pork for my PORK stir fry! It took about five minutes to get a side dish of pork to add to my dish. Now I do really find it slack for the kitchen not to put the main ingredient in an entree. But I must say the dish was very good after I stirred in my pork. Maybe I just had them confused after being concerned over milk products! And my friend Julissa said her sandwich was good but she eventually took it apart and left a lot on her plate, leading me to believe she wasn't all that crazy about it.
Now that Mount Pleasant has gotten so many good restaurants to choose from I will probably put this one on my back burner for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment