Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mosaic Cafe Mount Pleasant SC

Mosaic Cafe is located in Mount Pleasant just off the Isle of Palms connector on Hungryneck Boulevard. I have visited this restaurant since I have become allergic to milk but had not been there in well over a year. It is a popular lunch spot East of the Cooper.
I met my friend Nancy there. We ordered our waters as we were looking over the menu. I try to check a restaurant's menu and website on the internet before I go to see that the menu looks like it has menu choices that will be alright for me. On the Mosaic site it says, "We offer healthy, eclectic, world cuisine designed to appeal to a broad range of tastes. Featuring local, seasonal ingredients whenever possible, our menus and specials are ever changing." That is usually a good omen for me when they use fresh ingredients and have a changing menu. As I looked over the menu I felt like there were several good choices for me. http://mosaicedibles.com/pdf/mosaic-cafe-lunch-menu.pdf  I narrowed it down (which I do not get to do often!) to either Lemongrass Chicken Roller or the Crab Cake Pita. I asked Andi, our server, if she would mind checking on those selections for me. She did so with a smile! She returned and said both would be fine for me. I decided to go with the crab cake since I eat chicken quite a bit anyway. Nancy ordered the Pita Nachos. Our food arrived in no time. Nancy's nachos looked great and so did my crab pita.
It tasted yummy too. What really made the sandwich was the chipotle tartar sauce. It was creamy with just the right amount of spice. My only complaint, and this is just a personal pet peeve, is that nothing comes with the sandwiches. I always feel it would be nothing to the restaurant to through a few chips on the plate. I don't want to have to "purchase" a side for an additional fee. That reminds me of how I feel about the airlines- if you want to charge me for my luggage I have to bring with me just add that in the price of my ticket! Okay, I don't need to get off on that subject as this would never end!
Anyway, it was an enjoyable experience and I will eat there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment