Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bambu Mount Pleasant SC

My sister, Vicky,  and I went to Bambu in Mount Pleasant on a recent Sunday night. I had been wanting to go here for some time as I always heard good things about it and it seemed to be quite crowded when I had passed on numerous occasions. Bambu features sushi, Thai and Japanese cuisine. We both were in the mood for Thai as we had actually tried to go to a new Thai restaurant we thought had opened already but we were mistaken. You know how you get a particular food on your mind and then it feels like your taste buds are specifically salivating for it? So I was happy to try Bambu to satisfy my mental tasting of Thai foods. We arrived and it was a very slow night. We opted to sit inside in spite of being tempted to sit on their extremely charming outdoor patio. (A bit warm and humid still!) We started with  a specialty cocktail each. No questions needed here about ingredients! The nice thing about Thai food for me (besides it's easy to get spicy flavors!) is that most of the entrees are without milk ingredients and therefore, I have a lot of good selections. Link to their menu below:
http://www.bambudining.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5:dinnermenu&catid=1&Itemid=8
This night I choose Thai Basil Spicy Chicken. Nothing on the description led me to believe that I would have any ingredient concerns but our server said she would be  glad to check with the kitchen. She turned in our order and returned to reassure me that she had checked for me and that everything in my dish as well as my sister's would be fine for me to eat. Our food arrived a few minutes later and it satisfied our Thai craving. It was a great experience and I would love to dine here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment